Wednesday, January 30, 2013
Friday, January 25, 2013
Marking Your Mock Trial Handbook
These are things out of the handbook that you need to understand.
pages 12 and 15 Steps of the trial
Page 17-28 Rules of Evidence
Pages 36-38 Guidelines
Page 37 #3
Page 38 #5
time sheet in the back of the packet
pages 3-4, #2
page 4, #3 and #5 (Rules of Mock Trial)
Page 6 (Order and Time of a Trial)
Last two pages of the packet (qualities and activities the judges evaluate you on)
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
We need to be preparing, and cave time was cancelled again today, so here's some homework:
read through the case at http://lawrelatededucation.org/images/stories/phocadownload/mock-trials/Elementary_Mock_Trial-State_v_Gold-E-Locks.pdf
You could pick up a copy from me or on Edmodo, too.
This is NOT the case we will be preparing, but is a prepared script of a "fun" case. Read through it, watching for the
* Opening statements by both attorneys: What sorts of things do they say to start building their cases?
* Swearing in of witnesses: In mock trial the bailiff swears in witnesses, and they raise their hands, not their paws. : )
* Direct examination: How are questions asked during a direct examination different from questions asked during a cross examination?
* Cross Examination: How are questions asked during a direct examination different from questions asked during a cross examination?
* Objections: What sorts of objections do the attorneys make during this trial?
* Closing Argument: No closing arguments are given here, but if you would like to be an attorney on our case, write a closing argument for either the defense or the prosecution on this case.